[Devel] О бэкпорте linux-cifs

Vitaly Lipatov =?iso-8859-1?q?lav_=CE=C1_etersoft=2Eru?=
Чт Июл 31 23:28:55 MSD 2008

Вообще в рассылке по cifs много интересного, и конечно надо быть в курсе.
У нас она есть в IMAP:
lists/SAMBA/cifs

----------  Пересланное сообщение  ----------

Тема: Re: [linux-cifs-client] Recent backports?
Дата: 25 июля 2008
Отправитель: Jeff Layton <jlayton на redhat.com>
получатель:  Jeffrey Morris <jmorris на kazeon.com>

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 12:50:05 -0700
Jeffrey Morris <jmorris на kazeon.com> wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> How do I get a backport of the current CIFS code to say, 2.6.18-x?
> (I'm using a CentOS 5 distro.)
>
> I got the latest code from kernel.org and did much of it, but ran
> into an issue with the worker queue stuff that was introduced with
> some of the DFS changes.

The RHEL5 kernels on my RH people page have fairly up-to-date CIFS
code:

http://people.redhat.com/jlayton/

...DFS is not working in them (and is not compiled in for that reason).
I may try to get it working before 5.3, but it really depends on how
much time I have. If you get DFS working with them, I'd like to see
your patches.

Thanks,
--
Jeff Layton <jlayton на redhat.com>